miehistöongelmia?

Post by harald »

Mielenkiintoinen juttu SA:ssa:

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums/in ... opic=40109

Aiheessa käsitellään kaikkea muuta kuin purjehdusta suorituksena, enemmän
tyyliin kilpapurjehdus tavoitteena ja työt ja muut harrastukset esteenä
tälle.

Tuollainen lista miten saadaan ja pidetään miehistö veneessä:
1) It is a team. Treat them like that. Crew gear make them look and feel like it.
2) Have a perfectly prepared boat, always. Ask some of the team to help with that.
3) Send out your racing schedule early.
4) Ask for commitments ahead of time to important races and series.
5) Practice together early and get rid of trouble makers or people who don't fit it.
6) Invite professionals to come with you on beer can races and offer tips and tricks to your crew. It will make everyone better and feel good about the team.
7) Lubricate team freely with alcohol during the season.
8) Have at least one crew party and invite significant others and make sure they come.
9) Always make significant others feel welcome after the race and at occasional beer can races. (this includes kids.)
10) Doing well at least some of the time never hurts. The items listed that build the team will usually lead to doing well at least some of the time.
Kai se on niin, että halu voittaa on se joka yhdistää miehistön myös, ja
pitää heidät veneessä. Tästä on puhuttu aikaisemminkin, tavoitteista
pitää puhua ennen kauden alkua, ja olla yhteisesti samaa mieltä niistä.
Myös lomapurjehduksessa perheen kanssa, yllättyisitte miten suuria
eroja on purjehduksen yksilöllisissä tavoitteissa, oli sitten kyse
kilpa- tai matkapurjehduksesta.
FIN-2674 s/y Charlotta [Mielipiteet on mielipiteitä] GSM: +358 50 594 1020
harald
Hallitus
Vene: Charlotta

Post by harald »

Eräs hyvä kommentti oli:
One of the biggest problems I see is an owner who wants to go from "just racing" to being competative. Typically such a program will have a dedicated skipper/owner/helm and maybe 1 or 2 really competative crew. The rest of the crew runs the gambit from very dedicated but not very competative (read cruiser) to complete newbies. The owner is terrified to try to get the dedicated but noncompetatives motivated for fear of losing them, and definately wouldn't move them off without better replacements.

This I think, ties directly into "Why is PHRF dying?" There are a lot of boats in this category, and for them stepping up the program is extremely difficult. They tend to lose interest in racing because they get tired of losing and do not know how to manage their program through these growing pains.

Tons has been written on tactics and trim, but program management/development is every bit as important to winning, and is a largely untapped area. I know I would love more info and ideas, even though I only own a singlehander, because it would help the PHRF boat I am on to have some development ideas.
FIN-2674 s/y Charlotta [Mielipiteet on mielipiteitä] GSM: +358 50 594 1020