Kosteudenkestävä liima?

FE-vene ja yhdistys / FE-båten och föreningen

Moderators: Petri, harald

alex
luti
Vene: Subbota

Kosteudenkestävä liima?

Post by alex »

I am about to fix some things in boat cabins and went out shopping for the glue (to Bauhaus). All contact glue I found was marked "for inside use", "for dry places", "no moisture", etc. There were glues marked D3/B3 (moisture capable), but they all were PVA (polyvinyl acetate). Honestly I have never been thinking about PVA as a glue to fix anything serious. D4 glue was polyurethane - that is serious stuff, but it dries too long.

What do you people use to fix wood and vinyl to GRP? I am experimenting with applying cork coating to GRP.
redwood
kokelas

Post by redwood »

I've installed Stazo's Secutred into the cockpit seats using Biltema's PU-glue, "venetiivisteaine valkoinen", product no. 254701.

I did the installation at spring 2010, so almost two seasons are now back without problems.
Granada 31 FIN-3405
ex-FE 83 FIN-2033 s/y Ellipsis...
vvoltti
luti

Post by vvoltti »

Satisfied with the Secutred? Any pictures? I have considered something like that.

kokelas

Post by redwood »

vvoltti wrote:Satisfied with the Secutred? Any pictures? I have considered something like that.Ville
Satisfied? - yes. On the other hand, not too much to compare with!

The only problem with Secutred is the edge of the material on the inner side of the cockpit where you repeatedly step over the egde. The sharp edge of the cork brakes and becomes rounder. Possible solution might be sanding it down.

When I installed the cork I first combed the glue into the seat and then pressed the cork into glue. Extra glue spred out in some places, and in others the combed glue can also bee seen. These I've been trying to remove afterwards mechanicly with knife and flat screwdriver.

Pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1115283271 ... directlink
Granada 31 FIN-3405
vvoltti
luti

Post by vvoltti »

Did you get prefabricated plates from somewhere or did you do it plank by plank by yourself?

V.
redwood
kokelas

Post by redwood »

vvoltti wrote:Did you get prefabricated plates from somewhere or did you do it plank by plank by yourself?V.
I didn't - either of those! 8)

I simply cut the Secutred (1 m wide roll from svb.de) into sheets. So it's not planks at all, I just "draw" the black stripes with black PU-glue (= venetiivisteaine musta) with the help of masking tape. 50mm wide on the sides, 38mm on centre. :D
Granada 31 FIN-3405
vvoltti
luti

Post by vvoltti »

But.. but.. that's cheating :P
redwood
kokelas

Post by redwood »

vvoltti wrote:But.. but.. that's cheating :P
Yep, and what a succesfull one it has been until now!
Granada 31 FIN-3405
Erkka
luti

Post by Erkka »

TAipuuko toi korkki"matto" yhtään, eli voiko sitä laittaa kaarevan pinnan päälle? Ja eivätkö nuo piirretyt silikoniviivat tunnu ikävinä kohoumina?
-Erkka / Awasome
redwood
kokelas

Post by redwood »

Erkka wrote:TAipuuko toi korkki"matto" yhtään, eli voiko sitä laittaa kaarevan pinnan päälle?
Materiaali on n. 4 mm paksua ja taipuu helposti.
Erkka wrote: Ja eivätkö nuo piirretyt silikoniviivat tunnu ikävinä kohoumina?
Viivat on vedetty lastalla, niiden paksuus on siis mitättömän pieni. Eivät tunnu jalan alla muutoin kuin aurinkoisena kesäpäivänä (mustia kun ovat)!
Granada 31 FIN-3405