door

FE-vene ja yhdistys / FE-båten och föreningen

Moderators: Petri, harald

Ed White
alokas
Vene: Aussie 1

door

Post by Ed White »

Hi. I am looking to replace my badly worn door, as the tak is now breaking. Cna anyone advise where I acan buy a door, preferably in teak, or polycarbon depending on the price.
Thanks in advance
harald
Hallitus
Vene: Charlotta

Re: door

Post by harald »

By door I suppose You're actually referring to the main hatch? Please ask Muovikilpi OY in Arabia / Hämeentie for a polycarbonate one.

Here are some measurements, without any guarantees;

https://www.fe83.org/gallery/index.php/ ... 641/luukku

I advise You to bring the old one with You.

Pictures of our new one in 2005: https://www.fe83.org/gallery/index.php/ ... 3/im000526
FIN-2674 s/y Charlotta [Mielipiteet on mielipiteitä] GSM: +358 50 594 1020
alex
luti
Vene: Subbota

Post by alex »

I have mine made out of polycarbonate. Acrylic is also a possibility. Polycarbonate is stronger, acrylic is more scratch-resistant and has better resistance to UV.

ETRA Megacenter (there are many, find the nearest one) has both acrylic and polycarbonate; they can also cut simple shapes to your dimensions.
Ed White
alokas
Vene: Aussie 1

Post by Ed White »

Many thanks for your suggestions. I have spoken with Etra, and have organised the cutting of a piece polycarbonate. :D
harald
Hallitus
Vene: Charlotta

Post by harald »

I do suggest to go for a two-piece hatch where the split is horizontally in the middle. The hatch in polycarbonate is quite heavy and unweildly partly due to it being somewhat slippery when wet. It's easier to stow beside the ladder as well.

Also note that the polycarbonate is probably thinner than the old teak hatch so You have to either glue some strips of wood in the groove to make it tighter, or glue strips of polycarbonate onto the side of the hatch to make it fit snugly into the groove.
FIN-2674 s/y Charlotta [Mielipiteet on mielipiteitä] GSM: +358 50 594 1020